To setup Eudora 6 for Windows to send and receive e-mail, follow these steps.
You will need the following information to setup e-mail.
Mail Server (Incoming):
SMTP Server (Outgoing):
You can look up the settings for your e-mail here:
1 – Go to the ‘Tools’ menu and select ‘Options’
2 – In the left column of the options, select the ‘Getting Started’ icon
3 – Fill in the right information fields:
– Real Name – This is the name people will see when you send them an e-mail address. I can be any name or nickname you like.
– Return Address – Enter your e-mail address
– Mail Server (Incoming) – Enter the incoming mail server for your account
– Login Name – Enter your login name
– SMTP Server (Outgoing)- Enter the incoming mail server for your account
The ‘Allow Authentication’ checkbox should NOT be checked
4 – Click OK and the setup of Eudora is complete.
You can learn more about Eudora and how to use additional features at the Eudora tutorials page: http://www.eudora.com/techsupport/tutorials/index.html