These instructions are for configuring Mac OS X Mail version 10.x The concepts for setting up other versions of Mac Mail are similar, but layouts and wording may be slightly different.
You will need the following information in order to setup an account.
E-mail Address: <yourEmail>
User Name: <yourEmail>
Incoming Mail Server: <yourIncomingServer>
Outgoing Mail Server: <yourOutgoingServer>
You can look up the settings for your e-mail here:
With Mail running:
1) – Go to the ‘Mail’ menu and select ‘Preferences’.
2) – Click on the ‘Accounts’ button near the top of the preferences window.
3) – Click the ‘Add Account’ button. This is the box with a ‘+’ in it, found under the left hand ‘Accounts’ column.
4) – Mail will startup a wizard to help in the configuration. The first step will ask you to choose the type of account. Select “Add Other Mail Account” and then click Continue.
5) Now enter the following:
– Name: This is the name people will see when you send them an e-mail. It can be any name or nickname you like.
– Email Address: Enter your email address <yourEmail>.
– Password: Enter your email password
– Click ‘Continue’ and then ‘Next’ to go to the next step.
Now enter the following:
– User Name: Enter your username . This is your full email address <yourEmail>.
– Password – Enter your email password.
– Account type: POP
– Incoming mail server: Enter your incoming server name <yourIncomingServer>
– Outgoing mail server: Enter your outgoing server name <yourOutgoingServer>
– Click ‘Create’ to complete the account setup.