When setting up Thunderbird, you will need the following information;
– E-Mail Address: <yourEmail>
– Username: <yourEmail>
– Incoming mail server: <yourIncomingServer>
– Outgoing mail server: <yourOutgoingServer>
You can look up the settings for your e-mail here:
1. Open Mozilla Thunderbird. In Thunderbird, select “Account Settings” from the Tools menu.
2. Click “Add Account” to start setting up your email account.
3. Select “Email Account” and click “Next”.
4. Enter Your Name. This should be your full name as you would like it to appear on messages you send.
5. Enter your full email address <yourEmail>. This is the address that your contacts’ email program will use to reply to your messages.
6. Click “Next”.
7. Select “POP”.
8. Enter your mail server name <yourIncomingServer> in the “Incoming Server” field.
9. Enter your outgoing mail server name <yourIncomingServer> in the “Outgoing Server” field Click Next.
10. Double check that your username <yourEmail> is correct. It should be your full email address.
11. Enter your email <yourEmail> address in the “Account Name” field and then click “Next”.
12. Verify your account information and then click “Finish”.
13. Select the “Outgoing Server” (SMTP) category and click “Edit”
14. Set the outgoing port to 587
15. Check the “Use name and password” box and then enter your username and click OK.
16. Click “OK” again. Your email account is now ready to check and send mail.