The following screenshots show the static IP address setup for an Actiontec DSL modem configuration for E Street DSL. There are a few different versions of the Actiontec user interface and these instructions are specifically for the Actiontec GT724WGR. If you have a different model of Actiontec modem or if you need instructions for the basic setup of an Actiontec GT724WGR please see the following links:
Basic setup for Actiontec GT724WGR
With the modem connected to the PC via Ethernet cable (or USB cable):
1. Open a web browser (Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox, etc.)
2. Type http://192.168.0.1 (www is not required) in the address field of your browser.
3. Press ‘Enter’ on your keyboard to load the Actiontec modem configuration screen.
4. Click ‘Manual Setup for Internet Access’
5. You’ll now be on the first page of the Quick Setup. Click the ‘Advanced Setup’ icon to continue.
6. Click on the ‘WAN IP Address’ link in the left column. When asked if you want to proceed select ‘Yes’.
7. Select ‘PPPoA’ and then enter your DSL username and password. If you do not know your DSL username/password, please contact E Street Support to obtain this information.
8a. For a single IP address, select ‘Single Static IP Address’ then enter the IP address that was assigned to you by E Street in the ‘Single Static IP’ field.
8b. For a block of IP addresses, select ‘Block of Static IP addresses’ and then enter your first routable address as the Gateway Address and the appropriate subnet mask.
9. Check the box labeled ‘VIP Mode’.
10. Select ‘Static DNS Addresses’ and enter the following:
Primary DNS: 184.108.40.206
Secondary DNS: 220.127.116.11
11. Select ‘VC-Mux’ as the ATM Encapsulation type. Now click the ‘Apply’ button to save your changes.
12. After you click ‘Apply’, it should automatically take you to the ‘DSL Settings’ page. Make sure the ‘VPI’ is set to zero and the ‘VCI’ is set to 32. Click ‘Apply’ to save your changes. You will be able to access the internet once the ‘Internet’ light on the front of your modem turns solid green.