To configure Thunderbird to send and receive email please follow the steps below.
NOTE! When setting up Thunderbird (or any mail client), you will need the following information:
– E-mail address: <yourEmail>
– Incoming (POP3) mail server: <yourIncomingServer>
– Outgoing (SMTP) mail server: <yourOutgoingServer>
– Account Name (Username): <yourEmail>
You can look up the settings for your e-mail here:
1) Click on the “Tools” menu and select “Account Settings”
2) Click on “Account Actions” in the lower left and select “Add Mail Account”
3) Enter the following and then click “Continue”
-Your name: your first and last name
-Email address: your full email address – <yourEmail>
-Password: your email password
4) Thunderbird will then try to automatically load your settings but it will fail so you can click “Manual config” to proceed to the next step.
5) Enter the following settings:
-Incoming hostname: your incoming mail server name – <yourIncomingServer>
-Outgoing hostname: your outgoing mail server name – <yourOutgoingServer>
-Username: your full email address – <yourEmail>
6) Change the outgoing server port to 587
7) Set the “SSL” settings for both incoming and outgoing to “None”
8) Set the “Authentication” setting for both incoming and outgoing to “Normal password”
9) Click “Re-test” to test your account settings and then click “Done” to save your account.