Setting up QoS in an Actiontec router for E Street VoIP
In order to set up Quality of Service settings on your Actiontec DSL router, follow these instructions.
1) Log in to the Actiontec here: http://192.168.0.1
-If it asks for a username, ask E Street for that info
2) Click on the “Setup / Configuration” menu
3) Click on “Advanced Setup” and then “Begin Advanced Setup”
4) On the left side of the screen, click on “IP QoS Setting”
5) Click the “Enable IP QoS” checkbox
6) Click the “Trusted Mode” checkbox
7) Enter a portion of your overall bandwidth in the “High Priority Bandwidth” box. On the left, you’ll see the “Total available bandwidth” so use that as a guide. For example, if you have 896kbps in the total available bandwidth, you might enter 500 in the High Priority Bandwidth” box. E Street can help determine the correct number for you.
8) Click the checkbox next to the “Set IP Precedence”
9) Pull down the pull down menu next to the “Set IP Precedence” and select the 7(High) setting.
10) Under the “Rule Parameters” section, change the Source “netmask” to 0.0.0.0 and leave the IP address set to 0.0.0.0
11) Change the Destination IP to 188.8.131.52 and leave the netmask set to 255.255.255.255
10) Click the “Add” button
You now have to do the reverse of that rule. At the bottom, you’ll see a sentence that says:
” If you want to setup rules for downstream traffic, please click here.”
1) Click the word “here” on the page
2) Set the “High Priority Bandwidth” to the same number you did on the previous page, (500 as an example).
3) Change the Source IP address to 184.108.40.206 and leave the Source IP netmask set to 255.255.255.0
4) Set the Destination IP netmask to 0.0.0.0 and leave the IP address set to 0.0.0.0
5) Click the “Add” button
6) Click “Next”
7) Click the “Save and Restart” link on the left side of the screen under the Advanced Setup options.