With your E Street VPS "Cloud Servers" E Street supports the Cloud Server virtualization level hardware, datacenter environment, Domain Name (DNS) administration, and upstream carrier Internet connectivity – but does not support the software and content installed on your server, including the operating system and its configuration, add-ons or control panels etc.
When you purchase your E Street Cloud Server VPS, you will be given a server that is "Internet Ready" with a baseline security setups and an operational installation with unrestricted root access allowing you and your sysadmins/webmasters, to manage and customize these services as needed.
What is a "Managed VPS"?
If you would like add "Managed" services to your Cloud VPS Servers, we do offer this add-on option. Managed VPS provides E Street sysadmin additional support to your Cloud VPS, including; service monitoring, operating system and application infrastructure layer support, enhanced backups management and tier 2 direct technical guidance.
With Managed VPS you receive; Installation, Configuration, Troubleshooting, Monitoring, Patching INCLUDED for the following:
- Linux RHEL/CentOS 7
- CentOS RHEL/6
- MS Windows Server 2008/Server 2012
- Plesk/Odin and cPanel Server Control Panels (CP) support
- Apache Web Server in default supported CP environments and operating systems
- IIS (Windows) Web Server in default supported CP environments and operating systems
- Managed Security Configurations Troubleshooting for current CP supported environments and operating systems
- Custom SSL certificate installs
- VPS level Firewall management with IPTABLES
- Enhanced Backups with granular file restoration capability
- Mail Server configurations and troubleshooting for current CP supported server environments under with; Courier, Qmail, Postfix and Kerio Connect Advanced Mail Servers
- FTP/SSH access within current CP supported SSL environments
Contact your E Street representative to add Managed VPS to your Cloud Server plan.
Services not included with Managed VPS, but additional support available are:
- Website Content Management System (CMS) and HTML Design
- MySQL/MS SQL Database environments
- PHP application and CMS troubleshooting and development
- Enhanced Managed Security configurations, VPN/Private Networking consulting