E Street recommends the Internet browser software “FireFox” or Google’s “Chrome” (and add Safari for Macs) for the best speed, reliability and performance. For Windows use the latest Microsoft “Edge” browser. Internet Explorer is no longer supported and should not be used. You can download FireFox here: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/ and Chrome here: https://www.google.com/chrome
Occasionally web browsers need to have their “cache” flushed for various reasons… usually to view changes when updating page content in CMS or working with new website designs or to improve performance. Here is how to do it:
To flush cache in FireFox:
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click the three-dots icon:
- Click More tools Clear browsing data.
- At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
- Next to “Cookies and other site data” and “Cached images and files,” check the boxes.
- Click Clear data.
SAFARI ON MAC
Open up the Safari Web browser.
Select Safari -> Preferences….
Click the Privacy tab and select Manage Website Data….
Select a website that is listed, then click Remove.
To remove all website data from Safari, click Remove All.